Physically turning headphone connection seems to send erratic control signal
This is a little hard to explain but it just started happening today. No change in software (Android 8.0) or headphones/device since it began. Used to work fine.
I have headphones that do not have a mic-in or any in-line audio controls. They plug into my Pixel XL, but when turned (i.e., rotated within the connection), a few things happen at random:
* Spotify will begin playing (when it was not open previously);
* If spotify was open, it will skip, pause, and reverse tracks;
* Volume will go up and down sporadically (sometimes switching to the ring volume)
* The google assistant will open;
* The "use voice with a wired headset" prompt will open (note that I do note have this function enabled)
This happens in safe mode as well.
I don't have an earthly clue.