Let me start off by saying I have already scoured this forum and other sources for a solution to this problem. I should add that I am somewhat bound by the confines of my experience, also.
Like many others here, my Samsung S4 mini GT-I9195 is stuck in a boot loop, unable to get into recovery mode. It can get to download mode, but is not recognized by my PC.
Things I've done so far:
1. tried to boot in recovery mode - doesn't work, says "Recovery starting..." then restarts into boot loop
2. checked battery - not it
3. dissasembled phone and checked power button - works fine
4. tried Samsung Kies - "Device is not responding. To resolve the issue, reboot the device." - no can do (note that I only just installed Samsung Kies on my PC for the first time after the boot loop started)
5. flashed firmware using Odin - PASS! - still in bootloop w/no recovery mode
6. flashed firmware again using Odin w/Auto-Reboot unchecked - PASS! - then attempted to reboot into recovery - no go, still in bootloop w/no recovery mode
The firmware I successfully flashed was Poland/T-Mobile version 4.4.2 downloaded from sammobile.
The one thing I have NOT tried is to repartition the pit file. Would this possibly make any difference? If it's worth a try, can I do this using the tar.md5 package above, or do I need a separate .pit file and if so, how do I know I have the right one???
After doing a little reading, I downloaded CSB_signed_SERRANOLTE_ONEPIT_OPEN_130523.pit, which was included in a 'repair firmware' .zip file that also included separate bootloader, code, csc and modem files. I actually did try flashing those files (except for the pit file) and that failed (of course) with error "Device 2, Binary 1", so I flashed the firmware above again and it passed again.
- Phone is not rooted
- I have no idea if USB debugging is turned on or not
- I was doing nothing with the phone when it first died. I figured the battery might have somehow rapidly drained to zero even though it should have been around 70%. I had last touched the phone about an hour earlier, to shut off my alarm. I tried plugging in to wall charger but phone would not turn on even after an hour or more of charging. I really don't remember exactly how or when the bootloop started.
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9195
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 2
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
Anyone out there feel like helping out a noob today?