I can't manage to use NFC on my smartphone since I installed LineageOS 15.1 on it. My smartphone supports NFC (I used it when I had the regular standard ROM).
Can somebody help me activate NFC?
- I have a Samsung J5 SM-J500FN with LineageOS 15.1. (latest currently).
- There is no com.android.nfc on my phone. There used to be one before I installed LineageOS, but now it is not there.
- I installed Google Apps Mini which includes "Google Tags (replaces stock/AOSP NFC Tags)"
- Shell command service call nfc does not work, because nfc service does not exist
- "svc nfc enable" responds "Got a null NfcAdapter, is the system running?"
- I don't have any NFC toggle button in the status bar, nor in Settings.
This, but there is no list of supported devices.
On the contrary, this page says that (NFC is listed in the features - though it could be not implemented in all models, I have no details).
So, basically, if NFC is supported for my smartphone, I'd like to know how to enable the feature. If not, I'd like to see why - as the phone does have the hardware feature